Today I was busy packing away the last of my Christmas decorations. Yes, I know. I should have done it last week but I didn’t. No excuses – I just didn’t.
Well, as I was wrapping some of the more delicate items in tissue paper, I noticed some writing on one of the pieces of paper. It was very faint so I had to hold it up to the light. It was a hodgepodge of phrases, and when I took a moment to read them, it really made an impact on me. Here is a sample of what I found:
- Live Joyfully.
- Your first decision of the day is the most important. CHOOSE HAPPINESS.
- Live your life NOW.
- Sometimes we are scared. It’s OK.
- You have a great bottle of wine. DRINK IT.
- Achievement tastes most sweet when first we dare to fail.
- BE CRAZY ABOUT SOMETHING.
- The only things you will regret are the things you did not do.
- Tomorrow is promised to no one.
- Have the courage to live a life that is true to yourself, not the life others expect of you.
There are several other sayings but I’ll stop at 10. Now, I’m not sure where these phrases came from, I just know that unexpectedly finding them on a sheet of tissue paper gave me a lift, it put a smile on my face, and I wanted to share it with you. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.