So, the other day my husband asked me to meet him for dinner. My answer was quick and direct:
“Sorry – I have to work tonight.”
His response was equally as quick: “I thought your resolution for 2017 was to add more fun to your life.”
He was right!
Last week I posted a blog about New Year’s resolutions and how to view them differently so they actually work. My intention for 2017
was IS to have more fun, but I realized that I never really thought about the HOW. HOW was I going to add more fun to my life?
So here it is – some detailed thoughts on how I’m going to reach my goal for the New Year. This is how I plan on making 2017 more festive:
1. Take dance lessons with my husband. This was actually his idea so – NO – I don’t have to drag him to any classes. We actually took a Flash Mob dance class a couple of years ago and it was a hoot!
2. Find a Pickleball class. This is harder than it sounds because most of the classes I’ve found are during the day when I work. I just have to dig a little deeper. BTW – if you’ve never heard of Pickleball, neither had I until I moved to Madison just a few years ago. It’s a cross between tennis and ping-pong – and LOTS of fun.
3. Go snowshoeing this winter. I’ve tried this twice before and really enjoyed it. Now I just have to figure out where to rent some snowshoes here in Madison – then actually bundle up and DO it.
4. Take an unexpected trip. It doesn’t have to be fancy or expensive, just something short, sweet and filled with laughter. If I draw a 100 mile radius around my home, I’m sure I can come up with something.
5. Surprise someone. I want to do something for someone else that will make them laugh out loud. I have such a great family and so many wonderful friends that it would bring me lots of pleasure to see them smile.
WHEW! This fun stuff is hard work, but I’m committed to it. I’ll keep you posted on my progress. In the meantime, let me know your thoughts. What do you want to do, undo, or redo in the New Year?